Print friendly page
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: Minimum of 18 hours
Course Prerequisites: Prior to certification, candidates are required to:
Who is it for:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
This course is ideal for coaches who want to improve the performance of their goalkeepers. Learn how to develop and improve your goalkeeper’s technique and plan and prepare progressive technical practices.
Course Content: The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual techniques including footwork, the set position, handling techniques, diving saves (catching/deflecting/parrying), dealing with 1v1 situations and crosses
- Understanding how to develop and improve the goalkeepers’ technique
- Planning and preparing progressive technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
- The theoretical elements of the course will consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model
Assessment: Assessment is via successful practical delivery of a 15 minute goalkeeping coaching topic.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Monday 15th May 2017 (9am-5pm)
Tuesday 16th May 2017 (9am-5pm)
Wednesday 17th May 2017 (9am-5pm)
Venue: Power League Mill Hill, 31 Pursley Road, Mill Hill NW7 2BB
Tutor: Emma Byrne
Please note: ALL modules must be attended to ensure successful completion of the course. Failure to do so, will result in non-qualification. Before booking on, please ensure you can attend all the dates outlined.
If you suffer from a condition that you believe may affect your involvement on a course on either the practical or theoretical elements, please notify us immediately of any support you may require and we will make every effort to ensure that you are supported throughout the course of delivery and given every opportunity to successfully attain the relevant course award.
Please note - All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Candidates registering for this course who do not meet the English understanding criteria or have not declared a physical disability for which support may be required may be asked to leave the course without refund. In accepting the terms & conditions of the course you are confirming that you have understood the above.
To download and read a copy of our full terms & conditions, please click here.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: