Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 43 hours (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
Course Pre-requisites to certification:
Prior to certification for the qualification, learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate*
- hold a current completion certificate for The FA Workshop Safeguarding Children in Football* (Alternative arrangements are available for learners under the age of 18 years of age). both of these courses are modules within The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football course
- YOU MUST BE A UK RESIDENT TO ATTEND THE COURSE
Course aims and objectives:
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 to open age.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players. The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Throughout the course learners will be introduced to:
1. The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
2. The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
3. The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
4. A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
5. Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own players and teams
The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning; face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via three e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS). The e-learning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
11 Feb 19 09:00-17:00
12 Feb 19 09:00-17:00
11 Mar 19 09:00-18:30
12 Mar 19 09:00-17:00
IF THERE IS NOT A CIVILIAN OPTION ON THE DROP DOWN BOX THIS IS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO CIVILIAN SPACES LEFT, THE REMAINING SPACES ARE FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL ONLY.
Equality: FA Education will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If you have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details. Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If you need to cancel your attendance on the course you should inform the RNFA immediately.
On receipt of notice of cancellation from each individual, the following refund policies will apply:
- Cancellation notice of 60 days or more will warrant a full refund (minus a £5.00 administration fee);
- Cancellation notice of less than 59 days but more than 30 days will warrant a 75% refund (minus an additional £5.00 administration fee).
- Cancellation of less than 29 days but more than 7 days will warrant a 50% refund (minus an additional £5.00 administration fee).
- If you cancel your booking less than 7 days before the scheduled start date of the Course, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Failure to attend a course with no contact with the RNFA will result in no entitlement to a refund.
- We hold the right to remove anyone from the course who provides false information when booking, this includes booking onto the course as service personnel when you are not in the Armed Forces.
All cases of cancellation will be reviewed at the discretion of the RNFA, with exceptional circumstances considered in all cases.
Terms and Conditions for all courses can be found on the courses homepage