- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Football Club Administration
- Player and Coach development
- Soccer Parent
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
The course will also provide the following for candidates:
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small sided games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and The FA Emergency Aid Certificate
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in the FAL Level 1 CPD and Refresher Policy.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.1ST4SPORT LEVEL 1 AWARD IN COACHING FOOTBALL - L1ACF/07XII
South Nottingham College, Charnwood Centre, off Farnborough Road
Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 8LU
Cost: £170 Non-Charter Standard : £140 Charter Standard
Starts 12th June 2012 - Ends 20th July 2012
(All dates 2012)
Tuesday 12 June 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Introduction)
Friday 22 June 6.30pm to 9.30pm FA Safeguarding Children (Theory)
Tuesday 26 June 6.30pm to 9.30pm FA Emergency First Aid (Theory)
Friday 29 June 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
Tuesday 03 July 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
Friday 06 July 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
Tuesday 10 July 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
Friday 13 July 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
Tuesday 17 July 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
Friday 20 July 6.30pm to 9.30pm L1CCF (Theory and Practical)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nottinghamshire FA Terms and Conditions
• An application for any course can be made by completing a paper application, and paying via cheque, cash or postal order, however an additional £10.00 fee will be charged to cover the cost of the extra administration process.
• Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
• The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
• If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
• Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly.
• You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy
• Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration you will receive a course refund, minus the banks charge, this is unless you cancel within 5 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque.
The deadline for registration is passed