- Course Duration: 3 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: This course is mandatory for all coaches, welfare officers, referees (over 16 years). Anyone else, over the age of 16 years, who is interested to learn about safeguarding is welcome to participate.
- Course aims and objectives: The course is designed to raise awareness of best practice in safeguarding children in football and to ensure that everyone recognises their moral and legal responsibilities when working with children. It supports participants to create fun, safe and positive football environments, ensuring that people know how to report a concern about a child's welfare. The course supports The FA's strategic goals to raise standards across the game and demonstrates our capacity to be trusted to lead.
This is a workshop designed to answer questions such as:
- What is best practice when working with youngsters in football?
- What is poor practice?
- How would I recognise the signs, indicators and forms of abuse?
- What kind of behaviour and abuse affect our own feelings?
- How does poor practice and abuse affect our own feelings?
- When and how should I act if you have concerns about a child's welfare?
The workshop is interactive and informal; tutors draw on participant's experiences and knowledge as well as developing learning through presentation and small group activities.
Practical Involvement: There is no practical (i.e. on-field) aspect to the workshop.
Assessment: There is no formal assessment; the progress of learners is monitored through the group activities and discussions.
Re-assessment: It is recommended that individuals renew their Safeguarding Children certificate approximately three years after attending a workshop. However, Welfare Officers will be required to complete the Welfare Officer Workshop as their next step.
Refresher: Ongoing information and good practice examples are available on www.TheFA.com/FootballSafe
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
FA SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN WORKSHOP - SGCW/07XII
Venue: South Nottingham College, Charnwood Centre
off Farnborough Road, Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 8LU
Non-Charter Standard Clubs - £25.00 Charter Standard Clubs - £20.00
FRIDAY 22ND JUNE 2012 6.30pm to 9.30 pm FA SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN WORKSHOP
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nottinghamshire FA Terms and Conditions
• An application for any course can be made by completing a paper application, and paying via cheque, cash or postal order, however an additional £10.00 fee will be charged to cover the cost of the extra administration process.
• Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
• The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
• If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
• Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly.
• You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy
• Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration you will receive a course refund, minus the banks charge, this is unless you cancel within 5 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque.
The deadline for registration is passed