For everyone who works with young people, this workshop focuses on making football safe. The course teaches our football workforce to promote best practice to protect young people. Candidates will learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, and understand fears involved in these concerns.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (coaching/ standalone)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (refereeing)
Course Aims & Objectives
The workshop will raise your awareness and specifically help you to be able to:
- Identify and build on best practice in football
- Recognise signs of abuse and identify what behaviour causes concern
- Identify the actions to take if you have a concern and who can help
- Develop your action plan for change
- Setting standards
- Building a network of designated persons
- Responsible recruitment
- Your responsibilities
- Your practice
- Poor practice
- Promoting best practice
- Reviewing your practice
- Changing behaviour
What is Poor practice? What is abuse?
- What is child abuse?
- Types of abuse
- Believe it or not
- Incidence of abuse
- Signs and indicators
What to do about poor practice and abuse?
- Emotional responses
- Who to contact
- Dealing with possible poor practice and/or abuse in a football setting
- Dealing with concerns outside the football setting
- Responding to a child who discloses
- Recording your concerns
- Dealing with bullying
- Taking action: for you, your club, team or organisation
- Taking action for yourself
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
FA SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN WORKSHOP - SGCW/07XII
Venue: South Nottingham College, Charnwood Centre
off Farnborough Road, Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 8LU
Non-Charter Standard Clubs - £25.00 Charter Standard Clubs - £20.00
FRIDAY 22ND JUNE 2012 6.30pm to 9.30 pm FA SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN WORKSHOP
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nottinghamshire FA Terms and Conditions
• An application for any course can be made by completing a paper application, and paying via cheque, cash or postal order, however an additional £10.00 fee will be charged to cover the cost of the extra administration process.
• Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
• The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
• If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
• Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly.
• You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy
• Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration you will receive a course refund, minus the banks charge, this is unless you cancel within 5 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque.
The deadline for registration is passed