Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Minimum of 18 hours
- Course Prerequisites: In date FA Emergency Aid Certificate and In date FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Who is it for: This course is open to all coaches who are interested in goalkeeping and wish to enhance their knowledge of a number of goalkeeping techniques.
- Course aims and objectives: This FA Goalkeeping Award will provide candidates with the ability to organise and develop the key aspects related to basic individual techniques. It will provide the candidate with clear guidance on the preparation and planning required to progress the technical practices in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Leading to: The FA Goalkeeping Coaching Certificate (Level 2)
The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following elements:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual techniques including footwork, the set position, handling techniques, diving saves (catching/deflecting/parrying), dealing 1 v1 situations and crosses
- Understanding how to develop and improve the Goalkeepers' technique
- Planning and preparing progressive technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
The theoretical elements of the course will consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model.
The two three hour workshops (Safeguarding in Football and FA Emergency Aid) should also be completed.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful practical delivery of a 15 minute goalkeeping coaching topic.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed by arrangement with the Course Director.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.FA GOALKEEPING COACHING LEVEL 1 AWARD - GKL1/01XII
Joseph Whitaker School, Warsop Lane, Rainworth, Notts. NG21 0AG
Starts: 24th June 2012 Ends: 8th July 2012
Cost: Non-Charter Standard £175 Charter Standard £140
(All Dates 2012)
Sunday 24 June 9am to 5pm L1 (Theory and Practical)
Saturday 07 July 9am to 5pm L1 (Theory and Practical)
Sunday 08 July 9am to 5pm L1 (Theory and Practical)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nottinghamshire FA Terms and Conditions
• An application for any course can be made by completing a paper application, and paying via cheque, cash or postal order, however an additional £10.00 fee will be charged to cover the cost of the extra administration process.
• Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
• The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
• If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
• Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly.
• You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy
• Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration you will receive a course refund, minus the banks charge, and £5.00 for administration, this is unless you cancel within 5 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: