Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Minimum of 18 hours
- Course Prerequisites: In date FA Emergency Aid Certificate and In date FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Who is it for: This course is open to all coaches who are interested in goalkeeping and wish to enhance their knowledge of a number of goalkeeping techniques.
- Course aims and objectives: This FA Goalkeeping Award will provide candidates with the ability to organise and develop the key aspects related to basic individual techniques. It will provide the candidate with clear guidance on the preparation and planning required to progress the technical practices in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Leading to: The FA Goalkeeping Coaching Certificate (Level 2)
The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following elements:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual techniques including footwork, the set position, handling techniques, diving saves (catching/deflecting/parrying), dealing 1 v1 situations and crosses
- Understanding how to develop and improve the Goalkeepers' technique
- Planning and preparing progressive technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
The theoretical elements of the course will consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model.
The two three hour workshops (Safeguarding in Football and FA Emergency Aid) should also be completed.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful practical delivery of a 15 minute goalkeeping coaching topic.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed by arrangement with the Course Director.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.Course Dates
3rd June 2012 9am-5pm
10th June 2012 9am-5pm
17th June 2012 9am-5pm
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: