Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: 75 hours
- Course Prerequisites: FA Safeguarding Children, Emergency First Aid, FA Online Laws of the Game. (Please note, this learning may be included in your Level 2 course program, please contact your County FA for more details).
- Course aims and objectives: This nationally recognised qualification will provide candidates who have an ongoing involvement in football, with the opportunity to gain knowledge of how to effectively plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 75 hours at Level 1 and 2 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce a number of key aspects related to the role of a football coach in working with youth players. These are delivered via home based study tasks and Tutor delivered workshops.
- The roles, skills and qualities of a football coach
- Developing session plans and associated information for planning
- Awareness of safe and organised activities
- Preparation for potential accidents, illnesses and emergencies
- A consideration of coaching styles
- Coaching session evaluation and self-reflection
- Nutritional needs of football players
- Fitness components related to football
- The planning of progressive coaching sessions.
Practical: The practical elements of the course will provide the following:
- The principles of attacking to include creating and exploiting space
- Support Play
- Ball Control
- Running with the ball
- The principles of defending to include denying and restricting space
- Defensive play when organised and outnumbered
In addition candidates will have the opportunity to undertake two observed practical coaching sessions with their Tutor and receive feedback based on selected criteria. This will form the basis of an opportunity to deliver 12 hours of coaching in the candidate's work place to apply the experience gained from the course of training.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award).
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. All pre-requisites (First Aid/Safeguarding Children/FAL Laws of the Game Online module)
2. All candidate portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 35 minute practical coaching activity that will be progressed on a specific theme relating to the course syllabus
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 24 month period from registration
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in The FAL Level 2 CPD and Refresher Policy
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
- 5th May 2012- 09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 6th May 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 12th May 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 13th May 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 26h May 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 27th May 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 9th June 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 7th July 2012-09:00/ 17:00- Internal & Practical
- 4th August 2012- 09:00/ 17:00-
- 5th August 2012- 09:00/ 17:00-
- 6th August 2012 (Evening interviews)
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: