Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Football Club Administration
- Player and Coach development
- Soccer Parent
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
The course will also provide the following for candidates:
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small sided games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and The FA Emergency Aid Certificate
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in the FAL Level 1 CPD and Refresher Policy.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.Dates and Times:
Induction & Emergency Aid - Monday 20th September 2010 2010 from 6.00pm - 10.00pm
Safeguarding Children - Thursday 23rd September 2010 from 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Practical & Theory - Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th September 2010 from 8.30am - 5.00pm
Assessment Day - Saturday 2nd October 2010 from 8.30am - 4.30pm
Judgemeadow Community College
Terms and Conditions of Booking a course Leicestershire & Rutland County FA does not accept any responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused. If you are suspended from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity including courses.
Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA will charge you accordingly.
You will respect the course tutor, course venue and other candidates and their points of view and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ?unacceptable? ?offensive? or ?harmful? for any reason, the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
Coach Education Cancellation Policy
Please note that any payment made is non-refundable. Leicestershire & Rutland County FA adheres to a strict cancellation policy. For all course cancellations candidates will receive credit notes for use on Leicestershire & Rutland County FA courses only to the sum of:
- 75% of course cost returned if 2 months notice given
- 50% of course cost returned if 1 month notice given
- 25% of course cost returned if less than 1 month notice given
- No credit note if less than 7 days notice given
Consideration will be given to candidates who, for health reasons are unable to attend and require a transfer to another course. A letter from a doctor or medical professional must be supplied.
Coach Education Transfer Policy
Should you wish you application to be transferred from one course to another (of the same type and value) then an additional £20 administration fee will be charged for all courses and workshops.
Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Refund Policy
Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA then a full refund will be issued. Should you cancel your registration and request a refund, then all cancellations must adhere to the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA cancellation policy please see above statement.
Click here to invite/tell other people about this event
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: