|Dates (attendance is mandatory on all course dates):
15th - 21st June 2013
||11th May 2013
||St. George's Park
(member of The FA Licensed Coaches' Club)
(Yet to join The FA Licensed Coaches' Club)
|Who is it for?:
Holders of The FA UEFA A Licence wishing to coach goalkeepers at the
- Premier League senior professional goalkeepers
- Senior professional goalkeepers within The Football League
- All levels of international football
- Advanced individual coaching techniques
- Understanding the role of the goalkeeper within the framework of the team
- Planning, preparing and evaluati technical and tactical coaching sessions
- Planning, preparing and developing relevant coaching programmes
- Maintaining the health and safety of players and other coaches
- Maintaining high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course, but will be able to submit for final assessment to receive a certificate of achievement.
Assessment will consist of:
- Recorded coaching in log book/portfolio
- Analysis of a goalkeeper over three matches and devising a learning programme
- Analysis of a goalkeeping coach over three sessions
- Goalkeeping psychology: case studies
- Minimum of nine hours personal coaching recorded 6 x 90 minute sessions
- Record of planning, conducting and evaluating your sessions
- Evidence of understanding the principles of goalkeeping within the individual team practices
Final Training and assessment:
- 1 x 25 minute session functional practice or small-sided game
- 1 x 25 minute session 11v11
- Oral interview 30 minutes
Candidates deemed not yet competent at final assessment can submit for re-assessment (cost TBC). Candidates can be reassessed within a 36-month period from date of registration.
|Where to go next?:
- The FA Goalkeeping A Licence
||Standard dress code on the course is casual. For practically based courses, please bring sufficient outdoor kit/clothing for the duration of the course. The venue ask that candidates refrain from wearing muddy footwear inside the building.
Should the course require any alternative dress, this will be detailed in the course joining instructions.
|Medical information/physical requirements:
||If you have any medical conditions which limit/hinder your involvement or participation in coaching activities, you are obliged to declare any relevant, current or previous injuries/illnesses. If you are diagnosed as an asthmatic, diabetic or epileptic, or have any allergies that the course staff needs to be aware of, you must advise us accordingly. Please note, a declaration of injury or illness does not automatically preclude you from any course.
You should further be aware that if you are on a regular course of medication for any condition, you must have sufficient medication to cover you throughout the course. Although first aid cover is provided (where applicable) during courses, no doctor is available to replenish regular medication, nor is there any facility to deliver medical treatment for chronic (longstanding) medical conditions.
Please provide any relevant information regarding the above Medical Information during the application process.
If your application to enrol is successful candidates will be required to complete a Medical Form prior to commencing the course.
||Please note that if a student has a disability that may prevent them participating actively in the practical sessions, then this should be made known to the course organiser at the point of registration. The course organiser will then take any necessary steps to cater for the students requirements which may include bringing in footballers to ensure there are sufficient numbers of players.
||FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
|Football League funding:
||Coaches working exclusively in Academies/Centres of Excellence at Football League clubs may be able to access funding through their club. If your club is providing this funding, please email FALearningSupport@TheFA.com with the following details:
- Club Name
- Course Name & Dates
- Full Name
- FA Number (if known)
- Date of Birth
We will then verify this with your Academy/CoE Manager/Administrator before enrolling you on the course. Please ensure you have authorisation from the club before sending this email.
To apply for this course, please log in below with your FA Number and password. Your application will then be vetted by the Course Director.
FA Learning will contact all applicants to notify them of the status of their application. We will endeavour to do this within 14 days of application, although this may take longer depending on the Course Director's availability.
Successful applicants will receive a URL, directing them to make payment for the course. PLaces are not guranteed until full payment has been made.
|If you do not know your FAN and password please click here